A $100.00 non-refundable fee is payable on application to the Academy of Classical Oriental Sciences. Applicants not accepted in the year of their application can be reconsidered for the next year. Reconsideration does not guarantee acceptance. International applicants should submit the application fee in the form of a money order in Canadian funds.
Document Review for Block Transfer Credit
It is possible to have any previous university education or TCM education at other acupuncture schools reviewed for potential transfer credit prior to formally applying. Once your credits have been approved for transfer into an ACOS program there is a $100 transfer fee per course or a $300 block transfer fee for more than 3 courses. Contact the Registrar for submission details.
A $500.00 deposit is payable once written notification of acceptance is received and a student contract signed. This $500 deposit is deducted from the total tuition owing. If withdrawal takes place before the commencement of classes, the tuition deposit is non-refundable.
2015-2016 Tuition All Programs Effective May 15, 2015
Full-time students $223.00 per credit
Part-time students $228.00 per credit
Audit – continuing education $195.00 per credit
Audit – current students $166.00 per credit
For example: Year one tuition – 51 credits @ $223.00 per credit = $11,373.00 – 51 credits is equal to 765 in-class hours.
PROGRAM TUITION COSTS
YEAR Acupuncture TCM Herbalist TCM Practitioner Doctor of TCM
1 $11,485 $11,485 $11,485 $11,485
2 $9,701 $11,262 $12,823 $12,823
3 $14,495 $14,049 $12,711 $12,711
4 $13,826 $13,826
TOTAL $35,680 $36,795 $50,844 $61,325
PROGRAM TUITION REFUND POLICIES
Refund policy of the Academy of Classical Oriental Sciences (ACOS) for our programs
Refunds in Cases of Withdrawal or Dismissal (from individual courses or a whole program)
1. WRITTEN NOTICE
To initiate a refund, written notice must be provided:
a) By a student to ACOS when the student withdraws, or
b) By ACOS to the student where ACOS dismisses a student.
2. REFUND ENTITLEMENT
Refund entitlement is calculated on the total fees due under the contract, less the applicable non-refundable application fee. Where total fees have not yet been collected, ACOS is not responsible for refunding more than has been collected to date and a student may be required to make up for monies due under the contract.
3. REFUND POLICY FOR STUDENTS
a) Refunds before the program of study begins:
1) If written notice of withdrawal is received by the institution within 7 days after the contract is signed, and before the commencement of the period of instruction specified in the contract, the institution may retain 5% of the total tuition and fees due under the contract to a maximum of $250.
2) If written notice of withdrawal is received by the institution 30 days or more before the commencement of the period of instruction specified in the contract and more than 7 days after the contract was made, the institution may retain 10% of the total tuition due under the contract to a maximum of $1000.
3) Subject to subsection (a) (i), if written notice of withdrawal is received by ACOS less than thirty (30) calendar days before the start of the program of study, and more than 7 days after the contract was signed, ACOS may retain 20% of the total tuition due under the contract, to a maximum of $1300.
b) Refunds after the program of study starts:
1) If written notice of withdrawal is received by ACOS, or a student is dismissed, within 10% of the program of study’s duration, ACOS may retain 30% of the total fees due under the contract.
2) If written notice of withdrawal is received by ACOS, or a student is dismissed, after 10% and before 30% of the program of study’s duration, ACOS may retain 50% of the total fees due under the contract.
3) If a student withdraws or is dismissed after 30% of the program of study’s duration, no refund is required.
4. OTHER REFUND POLICY REQUIREMENTS
1) Where a student is deemed not to have met ACOS’ program specific minimum requirements for admission, ACOS must refund all fees paid under the contract, less the applicable non-refundable application fee.
2) Where a student withdraws or is dismissed from their program, they are entitled to 100% refund of any as-yet to be received consumables that have been pre-paid.
3) Where a student withdraws or is dismissed from their program after receiving technical equipment from the institution free of charge: the student must return the equipment unopened or as issued within 14 calendar days; and if the student fails to return the equipment as set out above, the institution may deduct the reasonable cost of the equipotent from any amount refunded to the student.
4) Refunds owing to students must be paid within thirty (30) calendar days of ACOS receiving written notification of withdrawal and all required supporting documentation, or within thirty (30) calendar days of ACOS’ written notice of dismissal.
5) Where the delivery of the program of study is through home study or distance education, refunds must be based on the percent of the program of study completed at the rates specific to Part 37..12 of the PCTIA Bylaws.
6) Where tuition is still owed to ACOS, all refunds from withdrawn courses will reflect as a reduction of the final tuition payment in this Contract. Note: Withdrawing from courses could result in a change of the student status from full-time to part-time resulting in a change of per credit tuition rate.
7) Regardless of when a course is delivered, there will be no refund for withdrawal, dismissal, or withdrawal due to failure of prerequisite courses, after 30% of the program of study’s duration.
2015-2016 ADMINISTRATION AND OTHER FEES
OTHER PROGRAM RELATED FEES (Per Academic Year):
$165 Student Fees*
Student Fees consisting of:
Campus Amenity Fee (per academic year for fulltime student):$54
Library Endowment Fee (per academic year for fulltime student):$44
Student Services Fee (per academic year for fulltime student):$67
$245 Student Malpractice Insurance
$200 CTCMA Student Registration (per year, years 2-5)
$5 Record Archiving Fee
$80 Supplementary Course/Handout Fees (*Varies/Approx)
$800 Textbooks (*Average/Approximate)
$100 Transfer Credit Fee (per course)
$300 Block Transfer Credit Fee (3 or more courses)
$100 Tuition Installment Fee (*For Tuition Payment Plan)
Additional Administrative/Academic Fees: *Contact ACOS directly
*All fees are subject to change. Please contact ACOS directly for the most up-to date and current financial policies. These are found in the current year’s Student Handbook and administered student contracts.