The Academy admits applicants who demonstrate maturity, commitment, preparation and a strong desire to enter the field of traditional Chinese medicine. As well, candidates are evaluated for emotional maturity and evidence of commitment to self-development, these being necessary requirements to safely and professionally practice Chinese medicine.
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalency. Please note: the CTCMA Board has approved the dropping of a previous requirement of 2 year prerequisites for entry into TCM schools in BC. The two year university credits prerequisite is still required for licensing in BC upon application to the CTCMA after graduation.
- A sincere interest in Chinese medicine and the healing arts.
- Proficiency in oral and written English to the Grade 12 level. Students who have English as a second language may be required to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
- Financial resources to complete the program.
If an applicant fails to meet minimum admission requirements, the requirements cannot be waived.
Preference is given to full-time applicants. Part-time applicants will be considered on a space availability basis.
Applications should include the following:
- a completed application form (including a personal essay of approximately 1,000 words)
- complete official transcripts of secondary and post-secondary education sent directly to us from all institutes attended
- relevant non-formal education documentation
- up-to-date resume
- two letters of recommendation (sent directly to ACOS)
- a traditional Chinese medicine, western or naturopathic doctor’s statement of health
- a non-refundable application fee of $100.00 Canadian dollars (Cheques are payable to A.C.O.S.)
Complete applications have priority. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Complete applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Applications received within one month prior to your chosen start date will be reviewed subject to availability of space. Applicants are strongly urged to submit application material as early as possible due to limited class size. Upon acceptance into the program and signing of a student contract, a $500.00 (Canadian dollars) deposit will be required to hold your seat. The deposit is deducted from the total tuition owing.
Applications should be sent to:
The Registrar, Academy of Classical Oriental Sciences
303 Vernon Street
Nelson, B.C., Canada V1L 4E3
Call Toll Free: 1-888-333-8868