The Academy of Classical Oriental Sciences was founded in 1996. In 2000 the Academy received the rare distinction of being granted unconditional accreditation by the Private Post Secondary Education Commission (now known as Private Career Training Institution Agency – “PCTIA”). Again in 2008, our acupuncture school achieved full unconditional accreditation for a second time proving its ability to operate long term as a first-class institution.
This recent accreditation visit was particularly important since it involved a team member from the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of BC (CTCMA) thereby intensifying the accreditation process. The College is the regulating body for Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture in this Province.
ACOS is also:
- designated for Canada Student Loan status
- member of the Nelson Community First Health Co-op
- sponsor Kootenay Rhythm Dragons – Dragonboat for Breast Cancer Awareness
- delegate of the First International Symposium on Education of TCM, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing, China
- founding member of the CTCMA
- represented by our Dean, Joanne Sinclaire, TCMP.